Sunday, August 31, 2008

Falls Lake

Amanda and I have always loved the water. Her parents have told me all about how she has always been comfortable on the lake - for instance, Amanda learned how to water ski around the age of 4. On my side of things, I've always been intrigued by sailing, fishing & just boating in general. So needless to say, Amanda and I try to find any time within the gaps of our often busy schedules to run out to the lake on my parents boat.

Today, we were fortunate enough to squeeze in a few hours of boating out at Falls Lake. I will let Amanda take you through today's lake trip with a few pictures, explanations & stories...



For all you Lifetime fans, you probably know about the "Coco Chanel" movie that is coming out on September 13 at 8:00 pm (on Lifetime). I (Amanda) am very excited about it so when Andrew had the towel draped over his shoulders today at the lake, I took it upon myself to create the look of "fashion" as Shirley (who plays Coco Chanel) expresses in the commercials for the movie! Andrew was a good sport as I pretended to be Shirley, or Coco Chanel, and create this wonderful LOOK for him :) Glamorous!



Here I am getting ready to start wake boarding. It took awhile to get me in the water this aftenoon because it was a little rainy and cool but once the clouds blew over, it actually turned out to be a very nice afternoon! I like this picture because it is a great example of all the nice features on Kathy's camera - I like how it captured the blue of the wake board and the rest of the picture is black and white.



Here I am attempting to go outside of the wake. At times I get scared because of the chop and big wake, so a lot of times I have to just go for it! This often works well for me but sometimes leads to major wipe outs. Oh well - as my dad says, "all part of the experience!"



Cute picture of Andrew as he waits for us to jump in so we can go over to the cliffs that we found...



If you read our post about our honeymoon, you remember that we went cliff jumping at one of the cenotes in Mexico. This picture is of a cliff that we found today out at Falls lake. Because we went right after a thunderstorm had passed over this afternoon, the lake was not very crowded at all. We drove further than we usually do and stumbled upon this little area with cliffs. There were already some kids jumping off. So Bill, Andrew, and I swam over and climbed up the slippery rocks so we could jump off this cliff. It was a lot of fun and we found that we enjoy cliff jumping in the United States just as much as in Mexico :) It was the perfect ending to a fun lake trip!

No comments: