Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Our First Snow Day!


...as you can see, Amanda and I enjoyed "Our First Snow Day" together today. From the time that we first got engaged, we both talked about how excited we were for all our "firsts" that lied ahead in the future. One of these "firsts" that we have been looking forward to was sharing our first snow day together.

If you know anything about North Carolina winters, you'd know that every winter the local weathermen jump the gun, sound the trumpets and every North Carolinian races out the door to their closest neighborhood grocery store to loot the bread aisle.

99.9% of the time, no precipitation.

Here is a picture of me standing up on the back of my truck to clean off the snow.

Yesterday Amanda was jumping around the house, nearly dying with excitement as the forecast ran across the bottom of the television. I told her that we would get a light dusting and we'd wake up to another brown winter morning.


I'm sure this won't be the last time that Amanda tells me "I told you so." And might I add, that when Amanda woke up this morning, she was very excited about saying "I told you so."


Although both of us had to work-from-home today, we were able to take a nice work break to watch the inauguration and watch a movie. If you know me, if I stay inside too long, I typically am prone to come down with severe cases of Cabin Fever. As you can see in the pictures, we ended up getting around 3"-4" inches - which equates to roads, schools and many businesses being closed for the day. Lucky for me, snow or sun, the U.S. Postal Service stays open and Amanda had to send off a couple packages - which meant one thing: I got to test out my truck for the first time.

Tonight, we are planning on going for a walk, starting a fire and perhaps watching another movie. All in all, I think we had an enjoyable first snow day together.

1 comment:

Pops and Gammie said...

:) . . . glad that you two had such a fun time ~ It's amazing how a good snowy day can help make for a perfect winter!