Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Week 2 Update - Let the Framing Begin!

Don't stop me, I'm on a roll! After 4 months of blogging hiatus, I guess you could say that my "inner blogger" has finally come out! 3 or 4 blog updates in just a few days. Don't try to understand, that's just how I am about things.

Big news concerning our house: We officially have started the structural faze of the construction process - which Amanda and I are extremely excited about. While seeing the foundation was fun, their is only so much dreaming you can do while looking at a slab of rock - whereas now we have dimensions to walk through!

This process shouldn't take long. We have seen (via - other examples of homes being built in our neighborhood) that the framing should be completed in about a weeks time. I must admit, waiting for the construction to get started in between mid-February and now did test our patience. I would like to say that we took the wait in stride, but truth be told there was a time or two I considered taking the bull horn I have at work out to our home construction site and get things moving. But I didn't turn my idea into action when I realized how annoyed everybody in the neighborhood would be when they discovered lil' Ty Pennington (from ABC's Extreme Home Makeover) was moving into the neighborhood - bull horn and all. So I resisted the urge and waited.

Here are a few pics that I took yesterday and today...






1 comment:

Pops and Gammie said...

Woo-hoo! What a difference a day makes!